The Last Alice Of Wonderland Chapter Four (EDITED)

“Happy Birthday dear Cee! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!” John screamed to his sister.
“16 sweetie! You’re coming of age. You’re not my little girl anymore.” Cynthia mum pitched her cheek.
“Hey! Stop it!” That hurts.” she complained. John and Mum collapsed into fits of laughter. I can open grandfather’s letter today. She thought.
“I…I have to go get something.” She announced. Cynthia ran up the stairs to her room and shut her door. She walked over to her bedside table and opened her sock draw. Under all of her socks she kept her most prized possessions. A picture of her and her family, her gold and silver glitter pens, her old diary that she had used up when she was little and her letter.
She opened up the letter and gasped. The letters written were moving. Around and around making pictures made of beige and sepia.
“Hello Cynthia.” It said. She was gobsmacked. She tried to scream but nothing came out. It was like someone had a hand around her mouth
“I hope you are having a great 16th birthday. I wish I could be there with you, in person, but I can’t for I’m and either dead or in an unknown place. I want you to know some things for you have become of age. First of all, you’re mother was a great woman, and you’re sisters were absolutely brilliant. Second, you may have already realized that a voice is in you’re head. He is your guide, trust in him. He though will only come when an important piece of the Overland Puzzle is in place his name is Edmund Armorsleth… Some one’s coming…I’m sorry I wish I could write more, but I…I” There was a splash of red and the picture and letters are gone. Cynthia fell to her knees. Oh my God… What just happened?
“Mum…Mum…MUM!” Cynthia screamed.
“I’m coming, I’m coming!” her mother raced up the stairs and kneeled down next to her.
“What is it honey? You’re crying.” She said
“The… the letter… moving words… grandfather… blood” Cynthia whimpered.
“I’m sorry, I don’t know what you’re saying… Try again, slowly.” The mother hugged her tight.
“Slowly.” She said again.
Cynthia explained the letter, and how the letters started to moving and made an image of her grandfather. She told her mother of the blood at the end. Cynthia particularly took care of not saying the two things that he had said to her. She thought that they might think she had gone mad. Then she realized that everything she said might have made her seem mad.
“I think… I think you need to rest a little. To clear your head.” her mother said after a while. Staring off into the darkness. Not looking at anything in particular.
“Yeah… I think you’re right.” she replied.
“Wake me up in an hour or so okay?” she said and then she yawned. It made her fell like she hadn’t had any sleep for ages.
*        *        *
A man walked down the street. He wore a red cloak with golden lining in his arms was a baby girl, fast asleep. As the man walked down the rode people would stare at him with suspicion.
“What a strange person.” They would say. “Nobody wears those anymore. He looks like he just came out of Harry Potter or something like that.” But the man in red didn’t hear them, or if he did, he did not care. He would keep walking down the rode, looking at every house. When no one was watching, he carefully placed the infant on the doorstep of a house and rang the doorbell three times.
“Yeah, yeah! I’m coming!” someone yelled from inside. A woman opened the door and looked around. Somewhere close, a baby was crying. The crying was very close indeed. The woman looked down to see the baby girl crying with a letter attached to her. The woman looked around again to try and see this child’s mother or even her father, but there was no one in sight.
*        *        *
Cynthia woke up and sat up straight. She looked at her alarm clock. It was already evening. She sighed. John needs to learn the difference of an hour and eleven hours. She thought. Cynthia walked down the stairs.
“Hey John! I told you to wake me up in an hour or two! How many hours do call this?” she called down in her brother.
“I know, I know. But you’re a lot less annoying when you’re asleep!”
Cynthia scolded John as she went down the stairs. How could he do this to me? On my birthday? She thought.
“Hey… Hey! This is ground control to major Cynthia! Hello!” she laughed.
“This is Major Cynthia to ground control. What is it?” she said back. John smiled at her.
“Cheer up. Tomorrow is the last day of school!” said told her.
“And I’m supposed to be happy about going to school?” she enquired. John laughed. She paused before asking this next question.
“John. Do you ever feel like you’re, you know, adopted?” she asked. John choked on the water he was drinking. He was coughing very deeply.
“Why would you ask that?” he asked when he had stopped.
“Well, I…” she hesitated, “I had this weird dream about a little baby being dropped outside our house by a man dressed in red. Then mum came to see whom it was and no one was there. She picked up the baby and then well, I woke up.” Cynthia took a deep breath before asking this next question.
“Do you think that it might be true? That you or me, or both of us are adopted?” she asked. Cynthia stared into her brother’s eyes.
“I think that it was just a dream. You… We can’t be adopted. It’s illogical.” He said after a long pause.
“Okay. Okay.” Cee replied.
“Hey birthday girl! DO you and your big brother want dinner or what?”
“Coming mum!” John and Cynthia said in unison.
*        *        *
Cynthia slept well that night. She didn’t know how, since all she could think about was her dream. When she woke up, she woke up with an urge to go to school. This is weird. I never like going to school. She thought. Maybe it’s because it’s your last day?
“Yeah. Maybe… Hey! You’re back. I don’t think that’s a good thing but…” I believe it is a good thing. I am only here if you’re alive. Thus I never left. I can never leave until you depart the physical realm.
“Uh, huh. Creepy. So you’re a voice in my head, and you’re going to be in my head until I die. Personally I don’t think that’s a good thing. It means that I’m going mad.” Cynthia said. And it’s another reason for me to go jump off a cliff. She thought. Finding a cliff at that height around here would be quite a feat. And for you’re personal information, I can also hear you’re thoughts.
”Right. Um… Would you mind not talking for like the rest of the day?” Catherine asked trying to be nice. I shall only speak when I must. Or when you ask a question you cannot answer. Like in your stupid and sad example of a mathematics class. Good day.
“So I basically have a calculator in my head right? Hello? Voice in my head?” Cynthia rolled her eyes.
“He’s gone.” She said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEVENTEEN ALONE CHAPTER 1 IMAGE TEASERS AND NUMBERS

What would BTS do? First Kiss Edition