The Last Alice Of Wonderland Chapter 3 (EDITED)

Cynthia couldn’t sleep well that night. She kept on tossing and turning in her bed; the memory of the cave was scaring her.
“It’s okay. Nothing is in here.” She would say to herself, but she always felt like she was being watched. Alice wake up! You have to get up! Cynthia bolted up and looked around here. Come on Alice! We have to get to Overland, before it’s too late! Cynthia screamed. Alice! Alice! Alice!
“Cynthia! Are you okay?” Cynthia mother had quickly ran up the stairs to her room.
“What’s all this noise? I am trying to sleep you know.” Said her father with a less caring voice.
“Were you scared? I bet you were scared!” said John. Just then Stephaney started crying.
“Look! You woke Stephaney up.” Cynthia father said cruelly to her as he walked out the room.
“Oh and Mary, we need to talk.”
“Can’t we do it tomorrow Henry. In the morning?” Cynthia’s mother replied.
“No.” he said back sternly. Cynthia’s mother sighed and rolled her eyes at John.
“Good night you two.” She told them.
“Good night Mum.” Cynthia said back.
“Yeah.” John walk back to his room. Cynthia sighed. “It was nothing. I’m just have a nightmare.” She told her self. A living nightmare. She thought. I swear I’ve heard that voice before. You have… Don’t you remember? Cynthia was about to scream again, but she thought what her father would say. Go away! She thought instead. As you wish. And the voice was gone. “Creepy. Just plain creepy.” She said to her self.
“What!?” John shouted
“Nothing!” She shouted back.
*        *        *
The next morning Cynthia woke up late. Really late.
“Cynthia! Come on. You’re going to be late to school.”
“Arhhhh!” Cynthia said as she bolted up. In a dash she put her uniform on, brushed her teeth and her hair and got a piece of toast from her brother’s plate.
“Hey!” he retorted, but she didn’t hear them, she was already was out the door.
“Hey! Cee! You know it is Saturday right?” John yelled again and then he laughed. Cynthia mum came out to and laughed with him.
“That wasn’t funny.” Cynthia said to them embarrassed, “No wonder my alarm didn’t go off.”
“Yeah, you twit!” John said to her with a smirk. Cynthia walked back inside with her brother beside her. John jabbed her side.
“Dad wanted to talk to you, ya know. You’re probably in trouble or something like that.” He said. Great. She thought. Now what? First I am pranked, now I have to talk to Dad. This day keeps on getting better and better.
Cynthia didn’t have a very good relationship with her father. She felt she was never good enough for him, and that hurt her a lot. Her dad never came to any of her award nights or any of her school assemblies. Whenever her dad did speak to her it was to tell her off, or to give her chores. Cynthia took the long steps up to her father’s office. His office was full of encyclopaedias, dictionaries and non-fiction books. Her father sat behind an old desk with many papers spread out on it. John told her that he has to transfer all the information on the paper onto the computer.
“Dad? Dad! Where are you?” Cynthia yelled.
“I’m back here. Come here!” he yelled back. Cynthia walked over to her father.
“I have a letter for you from you’re grandfather. He said to give it to you when you turned sixteen.” He handed out a letter to her.
“Thanks.” Cynthia said wearily. She hadn’t turned sixteen yet. She would turn sixteen in about a month.
“But dad, I’m not sixteen yet.” She told him.
“I know that. I am not stupid. I am going away in a week’s time and will not be coming back for a couple of months. So I will be missing you’re birthday.” Cynthia was about to cry. She felt that this was too far. Her father wasn’t going to be there when she would turn sixteen.
“That not fair! You never come to any of my birthdays and you never seem to care! I have never got any respect form you since I was seven, and I had enough of this from you. I…I…I wish I was never born! I hate you!” she shouted and stormed to of the room.
“Cynthia? Cynthia!” her dad called her back but see didn’t listen. She just walked up to her room and slammed and locked the door. Don’t cry…don’t cry… Please don’t cry. She told herself. What are you doing? Crying won’t solve anything. Cynthia was crying too much to really understand what she was doing.
“Then what am I supposed to do then?” she sobbed. Well, you could stand for one thing. Cynthia got up as she whipped her nose with the back of her hand.
“Now what?” she asked. Close you eyes. Think of your family right now. Think of you first memory you had with them.
“But I don’t remember being born! Wait! Am I’m talking to myself?” Cynthia enquired. Oh shut up you stupid girl. I you haven’t noticed I am a male, now will you st…
“You’re a voice in my head. This is unreal…” she continued, “Anyway, where was I? Oh right, thinking about mum and dad. Umm. I think it was my fifth birthday. I had this cute cat cake with strawberries and…” That is not the point I am trying to make. You can’t remember when you were born or anything until you were five! Doesn’t that tell you anything?
“I can…remember further then others?” Oh for GODS sakes! Just forget it. You are stupid beyond belief! Don’t you know anything?
“Wait! I’ve heard that voice before… Your voice. I can’t remember any images but I remember your voice. Just who are you?” Cynthia shouted.  “Answer me!”
“Cynthia! Are you Okay?” Cynthia mother knocked on the door.
“Yeah! I’m fine!” she said back.
“Were you talking to anyone or are you just talking to you self… Anyway, you’re father want’s to say goodbye. He’s leaving tonight.”
“WHAT!” Cynthia shouted. She opened her door and ran down the stairs straight to her father.
“After all that…you are leaving early! What kind of Father are you?” she panted. She jumped and gave her father a hug.
“I don’t want you to go…not yet!”
“I know, but I must.” he said. He smiled weakly and kissed Cee’s on the forehead.
“I hope that you have a wonderful birthday.” He said then walked into a taxi with his suitcase.

“Goodbye!” he shouted. Cee, John and their mother waved goodbye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEVENTEEN ALONE CHAPTER 1 IMAGE TEASERS AND NUMBERS

What would BTS do? First Kiss Edition