The Last Alice Of Wonderland Chapter Ten

Cynthia POV
My mind wakes up before my body does. All I can hear is shouting. When I am finally able to move my arms and open my eyes I see that I'm in Zac's bed, not my own. He and Lye are shouting, but all I can hear is mumbles. What the hell happened? You blacked out. I'm sorry, I didn't know that it would take so much energy for you to transform. I guess I forgot it was your first time. What the hell do you mean by transforming? Before Eustin could answer, Lye and Zac start to fist fight again. Hold on. The two of them are so immature. If they hadn't noticed, I was awake and I was angry.
"Will you two get over yourselves? You are not five!" I yelled at the two of them. They stopped fighting and looked at me. Zac pushed Lye away form him and walked over to me, his eyes filled with worry.
"You okay? You kind of blackout back there." He pointed over his shoulder.
"Oh I didn't notice." I said. Note the sarcasm. Lye stood up behind Zac. Zac must of pushed him over.
"I don't think I introduced myself. My name is Lye Rettah the Green Hatter." He said with a bow. Okay then, Mr. 1800's.
"Umm. I'm Cynthia... Just Cynthia." I said. I felt like I should of bowed or curtsy or something. I bowed my head, which just made Zac laugh. He tried to hide it with a cough.
"Lye's my friend." He said.
"Yeah. Because that's so obvious by the way you two were fighting and trashing the dorm." I say back to him. You were saying? Transforming might be better explained by one of those two. He says simply.
"Gee make my life a whole lot easier." I mumble. I look up at Zac and Lye who are looking at me funny. "What?" I ask.
"Were you just talking to yourself?" Zac asked.
"No." I say. I tilt my head slightly. "What's transforming?" I ask.
"That's a pretty big question for someone who knows nothing of Overland." Zac says harshly. Lye hit him on the arm.
"Don't shout at her. She just blacked out." Lye tells him. I smiled thankfully at Lye.
"It was just something I heard..." I say. Well... That was stupid. I can't just say I heard it in a dream. That makes me crazy. I don't need Zac giving me grief about that.
"Where?" Zac asked.
"I don't know." I say back quickly.
"Right." He says as he rolls his eyes. Then the asshole just walks off. 
"You can tell her." He says as he shuts the door. Lye sighs
"Give me the problem then." He mumbles. "Transforming is when an ancestor of a Wonderlander receives the powers of that Wonderlander though emotion. It's a very difficult trait to master. Though, when Zac and I transformed, it was against our will. Something happened that forced us to transform. We don't normally fight like that. Actually, we don't fight at all." He said scratching the back of his head, messing up his white hair. Damn he looked hot. Lye looked at me strangely, his cheeks slightly pink.
"Wh-What did you say?" he stuttered. Oh shiz, I must have said that out loud. "I didn't say anything." I say quickly. Too quickly. Lye just shrugged and nodded awkwardly. I looked at Lye.
"I remember something before I blacked out. You called me Angel or Alice or something like that. Why?" I asked. Lye smiled.
"You really don't know do you? I called you Alice because, well, your Wonderlander transformation was Alice... I- I think that's why I transformed. Zac was hurting you right?" I nodded. "Well, Alice was hurt. My instinct was to protect you." I blinked. Right then. Me=Alice.
"If's I'm Alice, then... who are you?" Lye smiled at my question. "I am one of the three Hatters." He did a slight bow.
"Right. The Green Hatter thing" I murmured. "Why did Zac transform then if he wasn't protecting me?" Lye's smile dropped at the question. "I don't know." He said.
Suddenly there was a loud crash coming from outside the dorm. I turned around to open the door but Lye beat me to it. He pulled the door open and ran outside, jumped off the balcony of the building and landed running. I ran to the balcony to see if he was all right. Oh yeah, he was better then all right, in fact he was pulling a raging Zac off another guy. The other guy got up to swing a punch at Zac when Lye turned around and got hit instead. Lye winced. I was about to run down the stairs as fast as I could when a hand stopped me.
"It's best if you just leave them to their fights. You could get hurt." A male voice whispered into my ear making me shiver. I turned around to see no one there.
"What the...Eustin, was that you?" I asked into the space.
"Who's Eustin?" I quickly turned around to see a boy with spiky, dark purple hair smiling back down at me. He must have been a few inches taller then my own height.
"You haven't answered my question." He leaned down so his eyes was inline with my own, his smile become wider.
"D-do I have to answer you? Do I have to answer the creepy person who is stopping me from helping my..." I paused. In any other circumstance I would never had said this. Ever. But this was important. I was helping someone who had never helped me.
"You're what?" he asked.
"My friends." I said sternly. The tall boy smiled.
"There's only one person who would be so stubborn to not answer a simple question." He stepped away from me and allowed me to run down the stairs.
As I got to the fight, Lye was pushing the two boys away from each other. Zac and the blonde were yelling at each other. Zac pushed Lye out of his way and started to physically fight with the blonde again. I ran to Lye to help him up. Once he was up I started to walk over to the fighting guys.
"What are you doing?" Lye asked shocked. I turned to him.
"You stop the blonde. I'll stop Zac." Lye shook his head.
"Zac could transform again! It could be dangerous!" He yelled.
"If Zac transforms, then I'll just transform too. I think... JUST STOP HIM!" I yell as I run over to Zac. I heard Lye running behind me. Lye pushed himself between Zac and the other boy, pushing the blonde away from Zac. The blonde looks past Lye and at me.
"What the hell do you think you're doing Lye? She's gonna get hurt!" Zac smirked at the blonde's statement as his eyes turned red.
"He's right you know Cynthia. You can't stop me from getting what I want. Get out of my way."
"I stopped you once. I can do it again!" I yelled as I put a hand on Zac shoulder. Zac pushed me away, and I stubbled backwards past Lye. Zac cracked his knuckles and continued walking over to him with an axe in hand. WITH AN AXE IN HAND! SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY HE HAS A FREAKING AXE!
"Cynthia, stop him!" Lye yelled. I got up and ran in front of Lye. Eustin help me. Accept it. I felt the orb in my palm and placed it over my heart. I looked Zac straight into his glowing, red eyes.
"Enough. Stop this foolishness Zachary." My voice didn't sound like my own. Zac stopped, but his axe and eyes didn't stop glowing. A feeling rose up in my chest. A feeling of annoyance, of disappointment, of anger, and it was lifting me off the ground.
"I said enough." Zac raised his axe towards my floating figure. He swung but was stopped by a sword. My sword. His axe went flying and landed near some onlookers. I pointed the sword to his neck.
"Enough Red." My feet touched the ground once again. Zac blinked, his eyes turned back to grey and his axe disintegrated into dust. I lowered my sword and turned to Lye. "You two okay?" I ask, my voice finally my own. Lye nods and the blonde boy behind him looks at me amazed and then in shock as I am pushed towards him.
"Nice job blondie! You just got your ass saved by a chick!" A pair of twins laughed as they linked arms.
"Now why don't you kiss your princess in shining armour!" They said in perfect sync. The blonde had wrapped me in his arms to stop the both of us from falling.
"You alright?" He asked. I nodded stiffly against his chest.
"You can let me go now."
"Oh yeah." As soon as he let go of me though, I was pulled into another set of arms.
"Back off Nathan." Zac's voice growled. The blonde, Nathan glared back in reply.
"That would have never happened if you hadn't lost your temper in the first place Zachary." Zac's arms tightened around my figure.
"Can't breathe." I whispered. Zac's arms relaxed enough for me to push myself out of his reach. I turned around to see Zac look at me in confusion. That's when I saw the blood spilling from his chin.
"Zac. You're bleeding." Lye voiced my thoughts. He has to have telepathy or something!
"Sorry. That was my fault... I think..." I mumbled. I jumped when I felt two arms wrap around my shoulders.
"Soooo..." The first one started.
"You're Alice..." The second continued.
"You're shorter than we expected." They shrugged. Lye pushed them off me and they waved.
"See you around shortie!" They cooed. Lye pulled me back over to Zac and explained to me that we needed to take Nathan and the ass to the hospital wing. 
Right... because I  TOTALLY know where the hospital wing is... So I followed Lye as he helped Nathan up the stairs. If this happens everyday than I really don't want to be here. I would rather stay at home with my pizza and laptop and watch cat videos for days on end. I was jolted out of my thoughts when Zac started to pull me into him again. I pushed him away again. Zac frowned so he tried it again. And again, and again.
"Do you mind." I whispered to him.
"Not really. You're the reason I'm going up to the infirmary anyway." He whispered back.
"Do you have to be so touchy?" I asked.
"What do ya mean?"
"Well I mean you hated me a month ago and your hugging me the next."
"I don't see your point." He replied.
"This is not normal." I said.
"Who said we're normal."
"Take it from someone who thought she was normal until today. Can you tell me why your being so." I made a motion with my hands. He paused before simply saying.
"Primal instinct."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEVENTEEN ALONE CHAPTER 1 IMAGE TEASERS AND NUMBERS

What would BTS do? First Kiss Edition