The Last Alice Of Wonderland Chapter Eight

“No need Cynthia. I’ve already told her.” John said coming out of nowhere. She turned to the mother and looked at her.  Damn it… Her mother was crying, tears streaming down her face.
“I’m sorry. I’m soo sorry. I-I should have told you. It must have been terrible for you to find out this way.” Cynthia felt guilty of showing John the certificate, but she remembered something, that had happened before. “John knew to, didn’t he? He acted strangely when I asked him if one of us were adopted last week. Why did he know, but I never got a clue?!” Cynthia felt like she wanted to scream. John looked shocked.
“You knew since last week? But- but how?” John asked.
“I didn’t know. I had this dream, and asked you about it. Agh! I should have realised that at the time!” she said.
“Look Cynthia. I know that you probably wouldn’t like this, but I told Overland that you weren’t going. You have friends at Herald-“ Cynthia cut her off. “I don’t have any friends, Mum. These same people who are going to Herald have bullied me since primary school. I am not going back to them. EVER.” Cynthia said sternly. She grabbed the phone and redialled the number.
A few second later, a old, deep male voice answered the phone.
 “Hello? This is Clark Pillar from Overland Admin. How can I help?” He breathed out on something. He must be smoking. Cynthia thought.
“Hi. My name’s Cynthia Alander. My mother talked to you about me denying the offer to go here.” Cynthia said quickly.
“Ah yes. Is there anything you would like to add to that statement? I was very surprised that you had denied this once in a life time offer.” He said. He sounds like a car commercial. Cynthia laughed quietly to herself.
“Yes. Well, my mother must have misunderstood me. I would like to go to Overland. Is that a problem?” Cynthia asked politely.
“No! No. I was just writing up the student list. I will just pop you in… Oh dear…” Mr. Pillar stuttered. “I’m sorry to say, but we just confirmed with the transport company that we would need no buses to arrive to Overland. You would have to drive to and from Overland each day, and I’m sure your mother would not appreciate that. You may not be able to come after all.” Mr Pillar sounded worried. Cynthia knew she had a choice to make.
“Overland is a boarding school is it not?” Cynthia asked. She was so frustrated with her mum that so many thoughts flew around her head. She would either have to leave her family to go to Overland or deal with bullying for the rest of her years at school. At Overland I could be a whole different person. No more bullying. No more enemies. I could make friends.
“It is. We have a few shared dorms with two students each in them. I didn’t mention this before because the only free dorm space is with a male. Unless you are willing to put up with that…” Cynthia cut Mr. Pillar off.
“I’ll take it. I dealt with worse then just living with a boy.” Mr. Pillar chuckled.
“Very well then. There will be a car to pick you up tomorrow morning to take you to Overland. We hope that you have a wonderful year.” Mr. Pillar said before hanging up. Cynthia took a deep breath before yelling.
“MUM!!”
Cynthia didn’t talk much with her mother or brother after that. Cynthia informed them that she’d be going to Overland tomorrow morning. She went up and packed her bags. As she packed, she found the library book she had. I need to return this. She thought. As she turned it over, a small note fell out.
Dear Cynthia Alander,
This book was once very dear to me, handed down from my great grandfather, to my grandfather, to my father and to me, I am now giving it to you, as I have no children. You were always like a daughter to me. I hope this will give you guidance in the future.
Your Librarian,
Jacob Voice.
Cynthia felt honoured and sceptical about this note. How did I not find it before? She placed it carefully on her luggage and waited out the front of her door. Before long, a sleek, black car with dark windows drove up to her front yard. She turned around to look at her house one last time. She saw her mother watching her out the window with her brother. Good-bye. She thought as she got into the car and waved at them before the dark door closed. 
HELLO!! I know the chapter is really short but I was struggling to write in 3rd person. From now on, I am hoping to write in 1st person POV rather then third. It's to represent a new(ish) person in a new(ish) world. Until next time.....TTFN!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEVENTEEN ALONE CHAPTER 1 IMAGE TEASERS AND NUMBERS

What would BTS do? First Kiss Edition