The Last Alice Of Wonderland Chapter Five (EDITED)

“But Miss” Zac complained, “It’s the last day of school!”
“Yes, it is!” Mrs Linndell replied, “Thus it is your last chance to learn! Now please pay attention.” Mrs Linndell, as per usual, was teaching her leaving student mathematics. It was good practice, she thought. If only her students would listen, like Cynthia for example, who was staring out the window, thinking hard on something the teacher would never know. Normally Mrs Linndell would tall her off right away, but now, it was different. And it wasn’t because it was the last day of school.
“As I was saying, the cylinder has the height of 5cm…” Some of the girls in the corner started giggling. “Clair! Of all people, what are you laughing about?” Mrs Linndell’s face was starting to turn red.
“Come on Miss! I’m the highest scoring student in the class. I don’t need…” Mrs Linndell cut Clair off with a laugh. “Oh you think so. I know for one thing that one student scored significantly higher then you in all but one test. Which you both got the same score.” Mrs Linndell smiled.
“What! Who?” Clair was shocked. “Well, if you’re so smart, why don’t you work it out your self?” Mrs Linndell said coldly. That was harsh! Cynthia thought. The conversation caught her attention. Mrs Linndell was scanning the class with her bright eyes.
“Actually, if anyone can find out who the top student is, I will let the entire class out early.” The classroom went up in a buzz. Well that’s going to end well. They’ll find out the top scorer in ten minutes flat. There are only 30 people in the class and they only need to read out one of their scores.
“All right! Hey everyone!” Zac was standing up on his desk. “Read out your scores to Clair and see who scored above her! I’ll start! In English I got…!” Zac rattled on, drowning out the screams of the teacher telling them to stop. Uhhh, I’m going to sleep. I can’t stand all this chatterHow are you going to get to sleep if you can’t stand this noise? Cynthia smiled. I have no idea. I just do.
*        *        *
“89% in Mathematics.” Sarah asked Clair. “No, no, no , no , NO! No one so far has even touched my scores!” Clair was infuriated. “Oh for God’s sake! I’ll just tell you then! You are taking far too long!” Mrs Linndell gave up at shouting at the class and sat down on her desk. She knew this would happen. She knew that this student would never care about her scores and would most unlikely help, or would be aloud to help out the class.
“NO!” Zac yelled, “You said if we could work out who the top student is, then we could go free early! I am not giving up this chance! Tanami! Read out your scores!” Before Tanami could read out her scores there was a knock at the door.
“It’s time for her to see the principle.” One of the secretaries told Mrs Linndell. “Alright.” Mrs Linndell replied.
“Cynthia Alander. Cynthia Alander!” shouted
Mrs Linndell. Cynthia snapped out of her daydream.
“Sorry.” She said.
“That’s all well and good but the principle wants to see you.” The teacher replied. Cynthia was stunned. She would not pay attention in class sometimes but never, would Mrs Linndell go as far as taking to the principal. She packed up her books and walked out of the classroom, trying to avoided her peer’s eyes and snickers. Mrs Linndell walked out with her. “Cynthia.” She started, “I would like you to know that I am very proud of you. Actually, this entire school should be. And I also want you to know that I am proud to be your teacher. Well off you go. You shouldn’t keep the principal waiting.” Mrs Linndell walked back into the classroom. Okay. This is weird. Mrs Linndell was nice to me? I must be dreaming again. I need to pinch my self.
“Ouch!” She pinched. Okay so I’m not dreaming. But if I not dreaming, then… how… why?
Cynthia knocked on the principal’s door. “Come in. Ah! Miss Alander. Here you are. I would like to congratulate you on your success.” Principal Rodgers put a big hand on her shoulder and smiled a toothy smile. Cynthia was confused.
“Success? What success?”
“Of course! You are yet to know. You see, we received a letter from, well… I’ll let you find that out, addressed to you. Though, you can’t open it until you get home, you understand. It may be addressed to you, but you are not to open it in school” He said with a smile. “Yes Mr Rodgers.” Cynthia said back in a monotone voice still very confused.
As Cynthia left the principal’s office she started to wonder about the letter she had just received. Uh, hello? Voice in my head. Can you hear me? Yes I can hear youGreat. For starters, what the hell is your name? I kind of find it annoying calling you “Voice in my head” all the time. I thought you would never ask. My name is Eustin the Red, but you may call me EustinRight, Eustin. Do, you by any chance know what this is? What, what is? Oh, I don’t know. Maybe this letter I just got from the principal of this school? Hmm? Well. It’s a letter from a school. What school it is, I… Wait! Turn it over. Let me see the writing. Cynthia did so, herself looking at the letters printed in gold ink. Just as I thought. I’m sorry, but I must leave you alone on this small thing. I will speak with you again when the time is right. And just like that, the voice was gone and Cynthia was standing outside her class.
“Who is it? Surly it is one of us! Miss Linndell can’t be lying!” Zac was still trying to work out who this mystery scorer was. Cynthia turned to Miss Linndell, who winked at her and nodded. Wait! I don’t know what my scores are! Maybe I’m the highest scorer! Cynthia walked up to Miss Linndell and the class hushed. “Miss Linndell. I don’t actually know what my scores are. Would you by any chance know?” Cynthia could feel the weight of Clare’s eyes stabbing into her back. Maybe this was a bad idea. “Of cause Cynthia! Actually, would you mind reading them out to the class?” Miss Linndell was smiling, almost laughing as she passed a piece of paper to Cynthia. “No need! I’ll just humiliate you for you!” Zac said as he snatched the paper from her hands. He snuck up on the pair as they were talking. His eyes widened. “100% for English, same for Science and S’n’E. 98% in Drama, 95% in Sport, 100% in Maths. She’s basically got perfection in… In EVERYTHING!” Zac exclaimed. Clair’s mouth dropped in surprise. “This isn’t happening… Alander beat me. Of all people, ALANDER BEATS ME!” Clair screamed a spun around to look at Catherine and her eyes turned to slits. “I am so going to get you for this.” Clair said angrily.
 “Cynthia is the mystery high scorer of the class!” Josh shouted! “We’re going out EARLY!” screamed Sarah. “Yes, yes. Well done everyone. You found out that the girl you all have been trampling on for the last 9 to 11 years is better then you. All of you. Maybe you might want to treat others with respect. She might become the President of the USA while you're living on the street. Who would be laughing then?” Mrs Linndell became very serious. Then she suddenly smiled. “You may go.”
 She said as she sat back down. Zac and Clair were shocked by what they had just heard. No teacher had ever stood up for a bullied student in the past. It was how things were. That’s what made Cynthia a better bully victim and the fact that she never told anyone made it safer, but still. Zac never thought that anyone would stick up for her. It made him feel like the teacher was bullying him, and he finally understood what it was like to be the victim whose work would end up wet in the drink fountain or whose dairy ended up pasted around the school. With no one there to help you get up from all that pain. And Cynthia did that all by herself. That made her seem stronger then him, even brave. Zac stood up and walked over to Cynthia knowing that Miss Linndell and Clair would be watching him. “Sorry for… You know…” Zac stumbled out his words, trying to find something that made sense. Cynthia did understand and she nodded. Zac nodded back and opened his bag and took out a dark grey book. Cynthia's eyes widened. It was her dairy from three years ago. Zac looked at her again and said. “Sorry.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEVENTEEN ALONE CHAPTER 1 IMAGE TEASERS AND NUMBERS

What would BTS do? First Kiss Edition